Our History

The Denton Church was organized as the Horner Mission in 1835 and met in the homes of its members.  On December 7, 1869, the Methodist Episcopal Church was dedicated at the corner of Gilmore and Cross Streets in the Village of Denton.  The church resided at this location until 1966 when it built its new church which still resides on the corner of Denton and Michigan Avenue.